Monday, 19 August 2013

Ramblings & then some

Haven't been here in a really really long time..

MYEs were over since May but I guess I really didn't get a chance to come back here to write and stuff. Don't get me wrong, I like writing, in fact, I wish I could write as well as some people because writing conveys so many things spoken words cannot. At least for me. I find it hard to articulate certain feelings, to admit certain things out loud. Perhaps it is different for some but I find writing a very nice outlet to just.. express myself.

So I was looking at some of the stuff on the blogs that I follow and I felt kind of down. I mean, two friends who mean a lot to me put their blogs down for their own personal reasons but the main thing was that they were hurting. And I wasn't there to help them. I know I can't be there for everyone all the time but I just wish I could have done something, or at least tried to help them. Thing is, I think I noticed, but I could find no strength in myself to help them. This happened a month or two ago and lets just say that I was stretched extremely thin then.

Sometimes I feel like screaming at the world but then I am reminded that I have no right to. Because a lot of times, it is through our own fault that things happen the way they do. I mean, we reap what we sow, right? There are consequences, be it good or bad, to our actions and I know this well.

On the slightly brighter side, I'm kind of happy with the way my grades are going now. They are improving, perhaps a little slowly, but for now, I'm satisfied with the results that I have. With the exception of Chemistry. What I do know is that all of the results that I've been getting so far is really really really thanks to God. If not for Him, I would never have achieved them. Some would say that that was because I worked for it. Well I did, but with the amount of work I actually did, I doubt I could have really done it. My hands and legs are all tied up with Council, Netball, and all other extra-curricular activities, not to mention the fact that I do take the maximum number of subjects my school can offer. So yeah, thank God for all the results that He has enabled me to achieve :)

You know, everyday, I take a step back and I just look at all things I have and all the things that I can be grateful for. My home, my room, my family (however annoying the men in my house can be T.T), netball, council, figure skating, etc. I don't (at least I think I don't) take all these for granted.

And then sometimes the "emo" bug latches itself on me and I just start feeling extremely melancholic, for no apparent reason at all. I could probably attribute it to my friends and some of my frustrations with them but there's really no point getting "emo" over friends is there? Some may argue that yes, there is a point to "emo-ing" over friends but there really isn't at all. Friends are friends, some will stick by you, some won't. But ultimately, when push comes to shove, the people you can count on are really your family members.

Now, I know some of you out there struggle with family problems and I know it hurts, I've gone through my fair share of a family 'falling apart' so to speak (my family's fine now except from the not-so-occasional bickering). But instead of looking out how bad your situation is, think of fighting back! I know I would never want anyone to say that I didn't try my best at something, because I believe that if you try your best, something good will still come of it and that hard work will get you places you want to be more so than talent alone. So try to band together with your family and tolerate one another alright? It really isn't cool to always be retaliating in anger, people don't take kindly to it. Instead, at the very least, tolerate your family, try to love them even, because a family is a family, no matter what. The same blood flows through your veins and no amount of official documents disowning family members is going to actually change your blood and your bloodline.

So this week is E-Learning week and we're up to our necks with all the asynchronised work the teachers are so set on giving us :P I've managed to finished the Literature & English work that's due for tomorrow's lesson but there's a batch outing tomorrow and I'm actually trying to do Wednesday's work so that I won't have so much to do tomorrow.

To my friends out there (who seriously may not even see this), I'm really sorry if I've been 'neglecting' you so to speak... I'll always be there for you, even if I seem extremely busy and stuff. But if you ever need to talk or simply someone to cry with, just look for me(:

My mum's getting annoyed at me for constantly knocking the table now XD I'm a natural klutz mom, deal with it ;)

Today's Scripture:

Genesis 2:8-17

Love,
Snowebelle(:

No comments:

Post a Comment